Middlebury Alums

a collective blog for keeping in touch. If you'd like to author, contact Josh or Miranda, or comment on a post! Thanks

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Upcoming Goings Ons (Miranda)


Hi all,
you are all very beautiful. Meet friends in your neighborhood.

I thought I'd start off by pretending to be a SPAM mail because it amuses me.  In other news, I have been working a lot.  I love it, it's just a lot right now since it's the beginning of the school year.  I'm not in my house much because I've been engaged in a lot of extracurriculars, so today I decided I'd hang around my room which has been a strange feeling.  I watched the season premier of Eastwick, the television version of the movie with Jack Nicholson BECAUSE (and there is a because) my ex-classmate is going to have a role on the show starting October 7th, and on that I congratulate him.  I found out because my friend told me over the phone and then I IMDB'd him and found out it was true.  Anyway, so far the show is a lot like the movie except with less famous/ talented actors (SO FAR) and the guy who plays Jack Nicholson's character is doing an exact imitation of how Jack played the role.  I can't tell whether I should be impressed or unenthused YET.




This same ex-classmate also created and starred in Harry Potter the Musical, which I recommend to all of you-- it is hilarious and completely up on Youtube, and I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.  Following this guy's career  made me think of something that probably isn't original, but I arrived at it on my own, so there: success inspires success.  

Seeing other people succeed makes me feel that anything is possible-- preachy, I know, but I think it's true.  I was helping this girl write her college essay, and she said she thought that the Bush Man (this dude who sits by the piers and frightens people with a frond of leaves) was successful and forced her to think of success in a new light.  She said she thought he was successful because he had created a name for himself and made people's days more fun.  I guess I agree, although I wonder whether he thinks he's doing well...




I'll say one more thing about this-- I think all of us are on a great track-- I don't see any of my friends sitting around, not caring about what happens to themselves or the world, and that makes me feel really really happy and good about the future.

ALSO, the Where the Wild Things Are SF benefit screening is coming up on Wednesday.  I got a great dress from the truly sweet ladies at Metier, and I am so excited.  I didn't think I would be so excited.  Spike Jonze will be there for Q and A and the kid who plays Max is supposed to show up, too. And there will be a puppet show from the folks at Paxsons Gate (taxidermy shop next door)!  If you want to support a great cause and see this wonderful movie weeks in advance (at a city near you: SF, LA, Chicago, NYC, Seattle, Boston, Ann Arbor) buy a ticket, and enjoy it.

What else?  A Very Happy Birthday to Miss Sakura Yagi!

I've also added Kate's Nicaragua blog to the sidebar, and since she's been traveling around advocating for repressed Hondurans, it's an informative read.  I have also been working on my "novel" and reading Slaughterhouse Five.  That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment