Middlebury Alums

a collective blog for keeping in touch. If you'd like to author, contact Josh or Miranda, or comment on a post! Thanks

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Falafel

Not a post about falafel. just wanted your attention (i did eat one falafel today).  I'm glad you are using this blog.  it makes me smile and feel warm and sometimes I even spontaneously break into song and dance-- yes, musicals are real.

I just wanted to say that I'm writing a novel ( i guess falafel kind of sounds like "a novel," same vowel sounds..?), and you should, too.  You know why?  Because November is National Novel Writing Month and I never thought I could write a novel, but I just started and it's going alright.  The NaNoWriMo (a lame attempt at shortening the name) people want your novel to be a hundred and seventy-five pages, but I think an exception for poets shall be proclaimed (by me) and my novel will be at least 100 pages.  Yes, longer than my thesis, longer than any paper I have ever written.  So far it's about a dude whose grandfather was a mime.  TRUST ME.  IT'S GOOD.

Okay, so that's all I'll say for now except that I'm teaching the very first session of my newspaper-writing workshop tomorrow evening!  Hurrah!  to little kids!  yay!  Also I think I found the cutest cafe near work where I can do my writing before work.  Also, today dave walked into the room and I swear a girl swooned.  ha ha.  what a strange place this is sometimes.

I hope you people who have not posted here will consider doing so.  It's Quite the thrill.

Hugs and kisses,
Miranda

2 comments:

  1. watched (500) days of summer at the crystal theater last night--very indie movie but they spontaneously break into dance/musical 9they aren't actually singing --its just a backing track. dunno you might like it mirandos

    ReplyDelete
  2. miranda, you looking for an editor? have your people call my people (my rates are very affordable. am willing to barter.)

    ReplyDelete