Middlebury Alums

a collective blog for keeping in touch. If you'd like to author, contact Josh or Miranda, or comment on a post! Thanks

Monday, September 7, 2009

Jello shots and dancing witches in bikinis (Josh)

Sarah and I found both those things on the A Train the other night. Unfortunately, it was late and we indulged in neither.

This blog is great because it’s like being together at a meal in Atwater: you’re all right there in front of me, but I can’t hear a word you’re saying. Hopefully as more people become settled in their new homes (or new states of unsettledness), The Little Telegraph will fill up with our brief dispatches from…wherever.

As for me, after taking the summer off to bum around, I recently moved to New York, at least for the month, to try to find a place to work and a place to live. I’ve been helping Sarah move in to a wonderful apartment uptown (come visit us!) while applying to jobs and meeting folks. Ideally, I’ll be working in some capacity with the food system, helping people find emergency food benefits, sourcing fresh food into the city or improving access to nutrition education. In conjunction, I’ve started to write (slowly) a blog about food, nutrition, science, environment, called The Garden Salvaged. It’s still a work in progress (are there blogs that aren’t?) so feel free to send questions, comments, ideas, complaints.

Ok, friendsies, I look forward to hearing more from all of you! Cheers.

Love, Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment