Middlebury Alums

a collective blog for keeping in touch. If you'd like to author, contact Josh or Miranda, or comment on a post! Thanks

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vermont followed me South



On the topic of weather, DC has been getting bombed by snow this winter. We had roughly two feet over the weekend that led to the federal government closing four hours early last Friday--it has yet to re-open. Right now we are in the middle of a blizzard that isn't likely to taper off until this evening. I would imagine that the federal government is unlikely to open tomorrow and will be lucky to do so on Friday. Luckily for me my office follows the fed's lead on closures! Who knows we might not have to work until Tuesday given the upcoming Presidents' Day holiday.

Other than the weather here everything is groovy. My house just picked up a new roommate and she seems a great addition to our nut hut. On the job front (groan) I was picked up as an editorial/research assistant at the magazine I was interning with in the Fall. It's not wonderful and I am still very po' so I am still scouring the interwebz for alternatives. I'll holler if something comes up.

For now, enjoy a few photos of last weekend's snow. Should be a few more to follow once the blizzard weakens and I can venture out with my camera.

Toodles,

Biddy-mayn

No comments:

Post a Comment