Middlebury Alums

a collective blog for keeping in touch. If you'd like to author, contact Josh or Miranda, or comment on a post! Thanks

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Update

As an update to that last post, the article is syndicated (that's right, ain't it?) and so it just popped up in an Illinois paper.

Also, if you like James Franco, come to the 826 Valencia annual luncheon and shmooze with the Kimiko-the-pillow lover himself. That is, if you have a hundred and fifty dollars lying around uselessly.

The weather is nice, except it was sort of drizzling just now. Also, I hear they're going to shut down Dolores Park for the summer (GASP! Shock!!) to do some remodeling (PURE OUTRAGE).

In the words of my co-worker, "where will they (people) all go?" which, of course, reminded me of The Catcher in the Rye, where do all the ducks go question.

What has been the most exciting thing to happen to me in the past week? Perhaps the bomb scare at a high school I was at last Friday morning. Everything was alright in the end, but evacuating is pretty scary, especially when everyone around you is like, I hate fire drills.

--Ate a delicious caramel-coated lemon thyme doughnut from Dynamo Donuts. 
--Painted my nails.
--Went outside; beach, GGP, tried out Trouble Coffee and Outer Lands on Judah. That block is so damn trendy now! There's a little shop called General Store that sells these great used leather boots, but they're still 100 a pair. Sooo....
-- The latest David Shrigley book (I mean, it's nearly 6 months old now, but I'm slow) is at Park Life, where they worship his humor (thank god) and have a really funny art exhibit right now including a bunch of pictures framed together with the words special victims unit written in red over them. As I love that show, I wanted to buy it on the spot, how Hilarious!

I'll be in Boston for a week mid-june, and then in South Carolina sometime in July. My family will be somewhere on the southern california coast for the summer, so find me there sometime in July. huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment